Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Company Firewall's IP Address

From: "John Tolmachoff" <sflist-secbasic () reliance net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:33:07 -0800

The external interface for your firewall will always show up. Otherwise, how
do you think the packets you requested through HTTP session will find its
way back to you?

All they are doing is reading the from IP address in the packets.

That is really nothing more that scare tactics for a program.

Just because some one knows the IP address of the firewall does not mean
they can do any thing. It is up to the configuration of the firewall to
prevent issues.

John Tolmachoff MCSE, CSSA
IT Manager, Network Engineer
RelianceSoft, Inc.