Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Company Firewall's IP Address

From: "Eric Balsa" <ericb () sysdump com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:20:25 -0800

I think your admin knows more about this than you do and you should listen
to him. In order to be connected to the internet, you need an IP address,
it's that simple. Any half decent firewall has the ability to block certains
types of incoming requests including any "hammering" people can throw at it.
That popup is a scare tactic to get you to buy something.

--Eric