Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Joint project with Git for outreachy

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 05:50:27 -0700

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 2:13 AM ronnie sahlberg
<ronniesahlberg () gmail com> wrote:

Hi Jonathan,
Hi Emily

Emily, you want to contribute to wireshark? That is awesome. I think I
speak for everyone to send a HUGE welcome
your way and hope your experience working on and with wireshark be excellent!

I think a git dissector would be really awesome.
We do have a packet-git.c already in wireshark, but looking at it it
is very barebones (understatement of the year:-)
but getting a real full blown git protocol implementation would be
totally awesome.

I am more than happy to provide feedback and advice for Emily. We do
have pretty good development documentation so it should be pretty easy
to get started and get a development environment up and running.

I agree. More than happy to help someone get up to speed with writing
dissectors, and I am sure many other developers are as well.

--
Regards
Richard Sharpe