Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Update Windows Build Instructions

From: Stephen Fisher <sfisher () SDF ORG>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 14:05:49 -0700

On Sun, Jan 04, 2015 at 10:08:53AM +0000, Graham Bloice wrote:

Maybe your Win7 SDK came from an earlier install of the Platform SDK?

My Win8 32-bit machine at home is a fresh install, so VC 2013 CE is the
only VC I've ever installed.  The Win7 64-bit install at work install
may have had something left over from an older VC install hough.

However, if I ever (or someone else assists) get the Windows CMake
build fully operational, all this will go away as we can drop the
nmake support.

CMake on Windows would still use the Microsot compiler tools, just
without the nmake part?