Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Update Windows Build Instructions

From: Stephen Fisher <sfisher () SDF ORG>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 20:58:49 -0700

On Sat, Jan 03, 2015 at 06:52:56PM +0000, Graham Bloice wrote:

OK, it seems that even after all the complaints MS still haven't
updated VS 201x to provide it.  IIRC it went missing in VS2010. See
here for at least one complaint about it:
https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/771247/win32-mak-is-missing-from-vs-2012-win-8-sdk-install

Which installs don't have it?  I just installed VC 2013 Community
Edition at home (the Win7 machine was at work), this time a32-bit Win8
and it also has the file, but I again needed to update the INCLUDE path:

SET INCLUDE=%INCLUDE%;C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v7.1A\Include

I wish we could distribute it ourselves, but it has an MS copyright
notice on it.  Can we ask someone about it?

Do we really need it?  It says on the top:

# Win32.Mak - Win32 application master NMAKE definitions file for the
#     Microsoft Windows SDK programming samples

Which makes it sound like its intended for the programming samples and
just setups up a bunch of variables/options.