Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Adding a new dissector - beginners guide

From: Thomas Wiens <th.wiens () gmx de>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 19:38:12 +0200

On 21 August 2014 16:25, Graham Bloice wrote:

Don't confuse git and Gerrit.  Use git to add files to your staging area
and then commit them to your repository, and then push the commit to
Gerrit, where the Gerrit review process takes over.

I've got gerrit review running, and commited the files via git. But "git
review" failed.
Any suggestions?

That's what I've done, after I have added the files to git:

Thomas@VORTEX /c/Development/wireshark (s7comm)
$ git status
On branch s7comm
Changes to be committed:
  (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)

        modified:   epan/CMakeLists.txt
        modified:   epan/dissectors/Makefile.common
        new file:   epan/dissectors/packet-s7comm.c
        new file:   epan/dissectors/packet-s7comm.h
        new file:   epan/dissectors/packet-s7comm_szl_ids.c
        new file:   epan/dissectors/packet-s7comm_szl_ids.h

Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

        modified:   config.nmake

Thomas@VORTEX /c/Development/wireshark (s7comm)
$ git commit
[s7comm f91e54e] s7comm: Add dissector for S7 Communication
 6 files changed, 7176 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 epan/dissectors/packet-s7comm.c
 create mode 100644 epan/dissectors/packet-s7comm.h
 create mode 100644 epan/dissectors/packet-s7comm_szl_ids.c
 create mode 100644 epan/dissectors/packet-s7comm_szl_ids.h

Thomas@VORTEX /c/Development/wireshark (s7comm)
$ git review
Errors running git rebase -p -i remotes/origin/master
Cannot rebase: You have unstaged changes.
Please commit or stash them.