Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Adding a new dissector - beginners guide

From: Thomas Wiens <th.wiens () gmx de>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 15:09:39 +0200

On 21 August 2014 14:46, Michal Orynicz wrote:
Hi,
the best line of doing this would be going to
https://code.wireshark.org/review/, registering there and then pushing Your
change to https://code.wireshark.org/review/wireshark . This way the
changes will go through review in gerrit, and no matter how bad or how good
Your code is, it will stay there until it is decided to be ready and safe
to be incorporated to the main branch :)

Hi Michal,
what address would it be in the review system, where I have to push my code?
This site:
https://code.wireshark.org/review/Documentation/user-upload.html#push_create

seems to be not specific to the wireshark sources.

I've just registered on the review site of wireshark (although not easy
with this openid steps...).

What do you think of my previous git-steps?