Wireshark mailing list archives

What does [WIP] really mean?

From: mmann78 () netscape net
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 22:35:49 -0400 (EDT)

I've seen a handful of patches submitted to Gerrit with [WIP] in the title.  Obviously this means "work in progress",
but what does it mean for reviewers of the patch?  Should reviews be held off until more/better patches are submitted
(with help accepted)?  Notification that a feature is being worked on?  Please help me test this?

If a reviewer thinks the current patch is "a good start" for a feature (and worthy of current inclusion), is it okay to
give the +2?

Since Gerrit doesn't seem to track multiple patches to a "feature" like a Bugzilla ticket can, is the [WIP] trying to
be "feature complete" before submission?