Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Idea for process image dissection

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 10:51:37 -0700

On Oct 15, 2013, at 10:43 PM, Roland Knall <rknall () gmail com> wrote:

Ok. But then the question comes up, if a UI interface should be part
of Wireshark or part of wsgd. As a last resort wsgd could be ported to
wireshark, but this is a shoe I would only put on me as a last step.

wsgd is currently a plugin dissector for Wireshark, so I'm not sure what "ported to Wireshark" would mean.

I think it should, in some form, be incorporated into Wireshark, so as to, at minimum, allow people to add support for
new protocols to Wireshark without having to write C or C++ code and run a compiler to build a plugin or a new version
of Wireshark with a new builtin dissector.