Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: 1.11.0 release

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 17:45:03 +0100

On 10 October 2013 01:33, Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org> wrote:

On 10/9/13 2:47 AM, Bálint Réczey wrote:
Hi Gerald,

2013/10/8 Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>:
I've scheduled the release of 1.11.0 for next Tuesday, October 15.
Corrections and additions for the release notes are welcome.

Unfortunately the transitional state of our UI will be reflected in the
release packages:

Windows 32-bit: GTK3 and Qt
Windows 64-bit: GTK2 and Qt
OS X 64-bit: Qt
OS X 32-bit: GTK2
Source: GTK3

Hopefully this won't cause too much confusion. I'll probably enable Qt
by default in the sources in the next few days, so at least the Windows
and source tarball will match.
Do you mean enabling Qt and GTK in CMake builds?

Everything -- Autotools, CMake and Nmake. This brings up an issue for
Nmake: Qt isn't a part of wireshark-win{32,64}-libs. I haven't added it
yet because it's fairly large:

$ du -sh Qt-5.1.1-MSVC2010-win*
539M    Qt-5.1.1-MSVC2010-win32
141M    Qt-5.1.1-MSVC2010-win32.zip
594M    Qt-5.1.1-MSVC2010-win64
149M    Qt-5.1.1-MSVC2010-win64.zip

For people doing development on Windows, would you rather have the Qt
SDK in a central location on your system (I've been using c:\Qt) or in
WIRESHARK_LIB_DIR with everything else (which means taking up a lot of
space if you have multiple WIRESHARK_LIB_DIRs)?

I'm the odd one out on this it seems, I have no use for QT5 apart from
Wireshark, so would like them in the WIRESHARK_LIB_DIR.  I've only ever had
two lib dirs, one for x86 and one for amd64.

Graham