Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: r43579 "Generic preference implementation" broken compile

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 12:18:04 -0600

---- On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 12:03:30 -0600 <mmann78 () netscape net> wrote ----

 Also, prefs_nameres.c shouldn't be building anymore.  The top of the tree should have it removed from any makefiles
(unless I screwed up the patch).  The functionality of prefs_nameres.c was replaced with the generic handling of
preferences that used to be unique to only protocol preferences.

A "make clean" didn't resolve the issue, but a fresh checkout did allow it to compile.  If we're not using
prefs_nameres.c anymore, can we delete it?