Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Compiling Wireshark for Win32

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 15:13:25 -0700

On 8/11/11 1:45 PM, Jeff Morriss wrote:

That being, said, for the *NIX builds "warnings as errors" (-WX in the
Windows case) are normally turned off for the releases.

Gerald et al, is there any reason that's not done for the Windows
builds?  (-WX is set in trunk-1.2, trunk-1.4, trunk-1.6.)  We're now
seeing that there are differences in the warnings coming out of the
various Windows compilers...

We disable warnings-as-errors for Autotools and for CMake in the
releases; -WX should definitely be disabled for Visual C++. I've checked
in a change to do so in r38552 and updated the release checklist.