Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Compiling Wireshark for Win32

From: Alex Lindberg <alindber () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 09:06:40 -0700 (PDT)

The correct command is

    nmake -f Makefile.nmake wireshark.bsc

From: news.gmane.com <AndreasSander1 () gmx net>
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compiling Wireshark for Win32
To: wireshark-dev () wireshark org
Date: Thursday, August 11, 2011, 8:15 AM

Alex,

thanks for reply. You're right, these compile flags cause the compiler to
generate the file.

If you would read my mail, you would see, that build always fails. So your

    "after you build wireshark"
assumption doesn't meet.

Thanks for suggesting
    nmake -f Makefile.bsc

I am not sure if this would help debugging, but when I invoke this command
I get:
    NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make
'*.sbr'
probably related to the first problem.

--
Andy