Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: One NIC on public side

From: "mike () grounded net" <mike () grounded net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 18:43:17 -0500

 The other option is to attach the hub to the span port and attach the
 monitor devices from there. You allready have the equipment for that.

That was the very first thing I tried but for some reason, could not monitor from all ports on the hub. Could have been
a hub or port issue but I didn't have time to mess with it which is why I ended up using a hub for now.

 This does not interfere with the normal trafic and if your monitoring PC is
 not sending and data (reverse dns queries?) there should also be no
 collisions.

I think you are right, I should get that switch working instead, that would make more sense.