WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: rating TRACE

From: Robin Wood <robin@digi.ninja>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 08:48:52 +0000

On 13 November 2014 16:13, Seth Art <sethsec () gmail com> wrote:
Robin,

If you are lucky, it might be a false positive.  I have seen cases
where OPTIONS tells you that TRACE is supported, but if you try the
TRACE method, you get a 501 Not Implemented.   Worth a try.

You find that a lot with IIS, OPTIONS almost always says it is there
but then it is rarely enabled. Shows why you should always do false
positive checking.

Robin

Seth