WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: rating TRACE

From: Simon Ward <simon () westpoint ltd uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:43:35 +0000

On 2014-11-14 13:41, Simon Ward wrote:
The impact should really be none, since there is none if you can't
manipulate the browser or plugin to create your dodgy request in the
first place. If we're treating it as a vulnerability and fudging the
CVSS scores for it then I might give it a partial integrity impact based
on scoring tip #2 in the CVSS reference (consider the direct impact to
the target host only).

Confidentiality impact is probably more correct being header exposure, though it would give the same score. At least a couple of related CVEs are scored in NVD with only confidentiality impact:

https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2005-3398
https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2012-2223

Simon
--