WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: rating TRACE

From: Kenneth Kron <kenneth.kron () truvantis com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 22:38:17 +0000

Regarding PCI scanning.  There are quarterly scans (ASV) that will absolutely be a fail if trace is enabled.  I think
this is correct as there is really no functional value to giving the user all of this detail and
You are providing a very detailed map to you attack surface.

Other interim scans could lower the priority if there were some production need to diagnose a behavior and enabling
trace was the best way to diagnose it but that scenario is uncommon to say the least and you would have to be
diagnosing something serious enough to warrant publicly providing a detailed map to your attack surface.