WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: SMS protection

From: Marcel Tudorache <marceltudorache () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 16:13:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your answer.
It would be interesting to know why do you think that it couldn't be used for online banking?

What I like about the SMSes as compared to the cryptografic tokens, is that you can receive the transaction details on
your GSM which should be safer than via the email, and this prevents the phising, MIB type of attacks.

My security solution involves as well two different persons that have to sign one transaction. Also the transaction
details are sent to the SMS of each one of them together with the security code.

Would the fact that two persons need to sign a transaction make it more difficult to be hacked?

Best regards,
Marcel