WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Defining scope of web application pentest (now scope of an annual medical exam)

From: Vishal Garg <vishal () firstbase co uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:38:22 +0000

Hi,

Thanks everyone for answering to my question below. It was good to see that how some people can be so helpful and others so arrogant while answering your questions. I am involved in web application testing for some time now and know very well how to do my job, but scoping and calculating efforts for a pentest is something which I have not done yet and asked this question out of interest hoping to learn something new from the community.

The person answering my query below have done a very good comparison of my question with the medical practise. But forgot to consider the fact that a doctor can be new to his field or a medical examiner can also be new at doing something which he may not have done in the past and thus may in an effort to do his job properly seek help from his peers or from the community thinking that there may be enough experts in the field who may have experienced the same situation in the past. Would that mean that the doctor or the examiner is bad or his practise is crap???

PS: I hope the moderator of this list would let this message pass so that others could see this, but would also like to know how the moderator could let the reply below pass to the list as this does not seem a very promising situation and may be very demoralizing for some of users of the list?

Regards
Vishal