WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Defining scope of web application pentest

From: "Naveed Ahmed" <Naveed.Ahmed () dubaicustoms ae>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 10:17:42 +0400

Hi Vishal

Depending on what stage the web application is in you may want to do the following,
1. External Pen test on the UAT environment
2. External Pen test on the production environment after obviously fixing issues that arose in the above item.
3. Application design review
4. Review of any payment modules / certificates etc.
5. Internal Pen test if required.

Hope this helps

Naveed Ahmed CISM, CISA, CISSP, ISO 20000 LA&I, BS 7799 LA&I, ITIL Fn.

IT Security Analyst

IT D&D

Dubai Customs HQ

Block  â€کB’ | Floor 2