WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Environment for testing WebApp Security Scanners

From: "Dean H. Saxe" <dean () fullfrontalnerdity com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 20:01:36 -0400

Then why haven't the tool vendors gone down that path? They are marketing to the lowest common denominator. People who want to check a box and say "I'm secure!"

Granted, web app scanners can be used as part of a secure SDLC, but I'd venture to guess that the vast majority of organizations don't implement them within an S-SDLC. Most probably don't ever do a follow-up with a manual pen test.

-dhs

Dean H. Saxe, CISSP, CEH
dean () fullfrontalnerdity com
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt