WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: [WEB SECURITY] RE: Environment for testing WebApp Security Scanners

From: René Palige <R.Palige () gmx de>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:44:54 +0200

Hi!

I already stumbled across Stanford SecuriBench. There are 2 points troubling me:

First, the SecuriBench is solely based on Java. That way it represents some kind of technological monoculture: Several people already mentioned scanners might deliver differing results depending on the technology on which they are used. That way SecuriBench might be _part of a complete TestSuite, but not the only one.

Second, it has been publically available for quite some time. Scanner vendors might already have adopted their products accordingly. Benchmarking results would be rather useless if the flaws were not previously unknown for sure.

Regards,
René Palige