WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Is logoff feature necessary

From: "King, Stuart (REHQ-LON)" <Stuart.King () reedelsevier com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 12:12:25 +0100

The developer is being lazy - best practice is definitely to provide log off
functionality. Here's a quote on the matter from page 132 the OWASP guide:

"All applications should have a method of logging out of the application.
This is particularly vital for applications that contain private data or
could be used for identity theft."