WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Simple to exploit SQL Injection ?

From: Pilon Mntry <pilonmntry () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 06:00:38 -0800 (PST)

If I understand correctly, it seems, they escape
quotes on the password field.
Like in PHP, when magic_quotes_gpc is on AND strings
are used as sql params, SQL injection is impossible.
here even -- trick won't work.
You should try to tamper login parameter.
-pilon

--- "Haaland, Vegar Linge"
<Vegar.Linge.Haaland () palantir no> wrote:

 And you could try using:
' or ''='
As username and password. That will make the querry
look like:
SELECT * FROM users WHERE username = '' or ''='' AND
password = '' or
''=''
(Or anything that always is true;
Some expamples:
You could use: hi' or 'a'='a
This will give you username = 'hi' or 'a'='a'
This will "always" be true (if I real the querry
right :P) , cause 'a'
equals 'a'
And so on.