WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Simple to exploit SQL Injection ?

From: "bryan allott" <homegrown () bryanallott net>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:42:44 +0200

just a by-the-by...
although not a successful SQL injection attack, the error message you're
receiving as a public user already tell you a little about their database...
Probably not too much to go with, but a better exception message would have
been:
"Invalid credentials" or something equally generic and less revealing.
so probably also be on the lookout for other places where more information is displayed than usual.. other famous .Net parser and other jit compile errors tell u quite a bit about the filesystem :)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jason binger" <cisspstudy () yahoo com>