WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Simple to exploit SQL Injection ?

From: "Griffiths, Ian" <Ian.Griffiths () liv-coll ac uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:42:44 -0000

Two worries there - ' is going without any escape, plus it would appear
that passwords are stored in the db as plain text.

I don't have a specific exploit but it should be possible to terminate
the SQL string with ', add a semi-colon, put in some extra SQL, and a
further semi-colon to put what would have been the rest of of the SQL
query on a final, and possibly syntactically incorrect line.

Ian