WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Https sniffer

From: "Phalak, Kashmira Vijay" <kphalak () verisign com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 11:37:50 -0700

Rogan,

Thanks for the explanation..that was really helpful!
Now that I'm pretty much clear on this, I will have to pass up the idea
of using a HTTPS sniffer as it would require the server's private key
and look at some MITM tools such as Dsniff, EtterCap etc. as suggested
by you and other members. Imre gave some really good suggestions too and
I read up on stunnel and I think it would be worth a try for my purpose.

Thank you all for your help...

Regards,
Kashmira.