WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Languages/platforms used for Web apps. Any stats?

From: Steve Slater <slater () handsonsecurity com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 07:34:02 -0700

Following up on Mark, I teach a LAMP and web security class for
SANS (http://www.sans.org/ns2005/description.php?tid=249) and
students tend to be:

40% gov't or education (They love free software)
30% small to mid-sized companies (production and internal apps)
30% large companies (PHP is used only for internal apps so I'll
get the sysadmins for those products coming)

So PHP is used all over the place but mainly gov't or small companies
tend to use it in production...with the obvious exception of Yahoo. :-)

Steve