WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Should login pages be protected by SSL? (and comment to moderator)

From: Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj () greebo net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 00:25:05 +1000

On page two, it says for clients / card holders / admins / POS / ATM they state:

"1 Network (e.g. Internet) – must have authentication and encrypted communication to web and/or application server"

I don't think they get much clearer than that. MUST to my standards jaundiced eye means "no exceptions". AND means both authentication and encryption at the same time. So basically, I think that covers off SSL logins - in my book, Visa / MC require it for Internet websites - no exceptions.

thanks,
Andrew

ps. On the bounces, ezmlm should remove them automatically after 5 days. But if it doesn't get better, I'll hassle the Symantec admin staff to help me as I can't always see who the bounces are.