WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Web security breach changes the lives of 119 people

From: roger.franks () middleeastadvertising com
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:39:07 +0000

This breach makes so much sense now...Take a look at the excellent paper by the
folks at ebanking security "Why eBanking is Bad for your Bank Balance:
http://www.ebankingsecurity.com/ebanking_bad_for_your_bank_balance.pdf

Basically they talk about PINS and Passwords, and conclude how useless the
authentication methods are if you assume the client machine has already been
compromised.

Roger Franks, Security Manager
Middle East Advertising - AlClick | http://www.middleeastadvertising.com
Dubai, United Arab Emirates | Tel:(9714) 319 7575, Fax: (9714) 319 7573