WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Critical New Web Application Vulnerability Alert BOB23203115

From: "Arian J. Evans" <arian () anachronic com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:04:34 -0600

Let's clarify: this was a joke.

And it wasn't.

In a stateless environment are we doing user or entity authentication
with our session token? So are we going to enhance that by doing
dual-factor entity authentication? (SSL + session token...guess we
already are). So add in tri-factor (secret URL hash token)? Is our goal
only to "raise the bar". Or do we add in user-supplied authentication
of some sort? Address state/session management principles?

Lots of questions. Lots of answers. I'm responding to this publicly as
you might not be the only one I confused. And because your response
is the funniest one I've gotten. Thank you,