Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: NetScreen Slipstream

From: KF <dotslash () snosoft com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:39:08 -0400

Blue Boar wrote:

I asked the original poster about that one. The one in the link you give is for the VPN client. The problem described is supposed to be for the appliance itself.

                    BB

Alex Lambert wrote:

http://www.netscreen.com/support/alerts/9_6_02.htm

Works fine here.

Does anyone have any NetScreen hardware they want to donate for temporary access? These things have a PowerPC processor in them if I remember correclty. With the recent overflows it makes me think I should investigate shellcode for NetScreen devices. There is the potential for these overflows to be far more than a DOS to the device itself.
-KF