Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Any Vulnerability Associated with Sharing single printer?

From: Stewart Smith <stewart () gammasolutions com>
Date: 18 Sep 2002 10:44:35 +1000

In my experience (at least with Epson printers, and i'm talking old
inkjets here) the printer had a sort of "lock" itself, so that if two
people tried to print at once, one got an error message (the printer is
in use) and the other got to print.

i.e. I was working fine with a PC on one end (via parallel) and mac on
the other (via serial) and could print from both. And yes, I tried
hitting "print" at the same time, and it all was okay.