Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Wlan @ bestbuy is cleartext?

From: El C0chin0 <mr.nasty () ix netcom com>
Date: 2 May 2002 15:25:42 -0000

As I mentioned, I informed BB of the issues raised here
eariler.  I do not work for BB but am occassionaly a
customer and would perfer not to have my information public
property of someone war driving planning their Christmas list.

Here is BB's response;

Thank you for contacting Best Buy's corporate headquarters
with your concerns.  Regarding this issue, Best Buy has
deactivated our temporary wireless cash registers that
transmit information via LAN connections.
These registers are not Best Buy's main register terminals
and represent a small percentage of the transactions
processed within our stores.  Please be assured that
customer privacy is of the utmost importance to Best Buy and
we will further investigate this matter.

We do appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns
with us.

Respectfully,
Alex Reynolds
Contact Center Escalations