Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Wlan @ bestbuy is cleartext?

From: El C0chin0 <mr.nasty () ix netcom com>
Date: 2 May 2002 02:23:27 -0000

Very good point, while working with a Government Agency a
few years ago, I was doing a vulnerability assessment and
showed them how vulnerable their system was.  (two mouse
clicks away from the password file - that's what got to DC)

They were also using wlan and I suggested that we at least
test it.  They didn't want to ruffle the feathers of the
director of the hospital since we had already embarrassed
him about the password file.

They would have rather sent a team of gun carring
investigators to set up a sniffer to check for porn.

That's why this country is so secure.

Another anonymous comment:

---------------
What is more scary than CCs, many drug stores & hospitals
have their
business connected via unencrypted 802.11b.  I thought
that medical
companies were required to do all things neccesary to
protect medical
records.  I'm surprised that many companies have not been
sued over
this one yet.

                                              BB