Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Truths and Lies

From: jon schatz <jon () divisionbyzero com>
Date: 29 Mar 2002 15:20:39 -0800

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 05:41, pr0ix () hushmail com wrote:
Since then, my server (31337.pr0ix.org) has been encountering severe denial of service attacks.  I have been told
that the only way to have them cease is to publically admit that I'm a thief and a leech.  Please accept this
apology.  If this attack lasts much longer, I'll go broke.  I can't afford to lose my home again.

heh, this is a fake. check the address of this server out:

[jon@devotchka jon]$ nslookup
31337.pr0ix.org
<--snip-->
Name:   31337.pr0ix.org
Address: 192.88.209.5
[jon@devotchka jon]$ whois 192.88.209.5 () whois arin net
[whois.arin.net]
Carnegie Mellon University (CERT1) CERT.ORG                       192.88.209.5
Computer Emergency Response Team (NET-CERT-NET) CERT-NET
                                                 192.88.209.0 - 192.88.209.255

-jon
--
jon () divisionbyzero com || www.divisionbyzero.com