Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

DebPloit + ie + passive connecting to attacker?

From: -l0rt- <simon () snosoft com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 17:17:24 -0500 (EST)

All,
        I have been monitoring all of the talks about the recent
"Silent delivery and installation of an executable on a target
computer" for outlook and IE. I also noticed DebPloit which works as
described:

"
  DebPloit allows Everyone to get handle to Any process or thread.
  Handles have enough access to promote everyone to system/admin (in
  the case Target is running under LocalSystem, Administrator account).

  Works on: Any MS Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 (SPs before Mar-12-2002).
            Former NTs weren't tested.
 "

and can be found at:
http://www.anticracking.sk/EliCZ/bugs/DebPloit.zip

Now... what if someone decided to do a little bit of mixing here...

ie or outlook issue + DebPloit + connect_to_ip.exe

So if this works, in theory, passive connection from a desktop on the LAN
back to the attacker with a shell bound to it that has administrator
rights?   mmmm

-l0rt-

http://www.snosoft.com
That file you've been guarding, isn't.