Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Statement on "Re: New Binary Bruteforcing Method Discovered"

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:33:37 -0800

pr0ix wrote:
I feel compelled to post just a short note about this thread. I'd like
to state that I have not authored this thread and have nothing
to do with "super-fuzz". Someone fraudulently and inapproriately
is posting here as "pr0ix", trying to make fun of people while
turning this list into a joke.

So you get to have your say.

I believe this is a serious
list and spoofed and bogus posts shouldn't be allowed. Anyone
who knows me knows I never used a hushmail account.

About the only spoof I'm going to be able to spot is someone
pretending to be me. This wasn't the first, it won't be the last. I'm not going to impose a signed message requirement for posting.

The post from the other pr0ix apologizing certianly looked a lot like a spoof, so I did what I could to verify that one, including checking hushmail signatures, and mailing back to see if I got a response. He responded. The signature for the message portion didn't verify, but none of them did. However, the attachments (code) did. So, whoever posted the original note also posted the latter one, or someone did a good job of stealing his hushmail account.

So in short, sorry you had someone pretending to be you. I can do nothing but allow you to claim it wasn't you. For all I know, the other guy is the real one, and you're the one spoofing.

I'd really like to have this be the last post on the topic.

                                                BB