Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Behavior analysis vs. Integrity analysis [was: Binary Bruteforcing]

From: "auto12012 auto12012" <auto12012 () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 16:18:50 +0000

When (manually) auditting code I'm thinking all the time about
all possible execution paths, what if A happends, then B combined with C...
Even automated programs exists which do this (www.splint.org).
So I don't know why you say it has nothing to do with vulnerabilities...

If you count on your fingers, does that mean numbers have something to do with your anatomy? Auditing code by going through all the execution paths is exactly the same. You're counting on your fingers.