Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Assembler/C References

From: Dullien () gmx de
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 16:16:20 +0200 (MEST)

Hey Jeremy,

it's usually a bad idea to try to learn from tutorials only -- start with
solid
understanding of x86 assembly & pmode coding, I recommend
Wrox Press "Master Class Assembly Language" for that

Cheers,
dullien () gmx de
n00b question:

I'm diving into Assembler and C with the hopes of understanding
application level exploits a little more in depth.  In your opinion,
what are the most beneficial references/tutorials/threads/tools that
helped you get started on your journeys to buffer-overflow-nirvana?
I've read the Introduction to Buffer Overflow by Ghost Rider as well as
the Buffer overflow how-to by Mudge, and both were very valuable.  GDB
appears to be a very strong tool to assist with finding and exploiting
overflows.  Any additional references out there?  Coding is a bit new to
me...so like the human torch says..."Flame ON!!!"

-Jeremy

--
http://www.gmx.net