Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: switch jamming

From: Ed Moyle <emoyle () scsnet csc com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 17:07:13 -0500

actually i have been reading the discussions on your board for quite a long time, but > this is my first own posting
- so please be fair on me ;-))

welcome.  :-)

how can i sniff upon a switched network segment ? a read some articles about "switch
jamming" and "port mirroring" but up to know i didn't learn anything special at all.
ca some of your guys out there help me ? (i'm sure some of you can but are you
willing, too ?)

Why, through the miracle of ARP poisoning...  No longer will that pesky switch stand between you and that wealth of
data...  (http://ettercap.sourceforge.net/)

Regards,
-E