Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

switch jamming

From: DrKimble () t-online de (Jan)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:05:08 GMT

hi guys,

actually i have been reading the discussions on your board for quite a long time, but this is my first own posting - so
please be fair on me ;-))
at the moment my boss is planning a firm which will take care of firm networks and so we discussed several topics.
that's where my question starts:
how can i sniff upon a switched network segment ? a read some articles about "switch jamming" and "port mirroring" but
up to know i didn't learn anything special at all.
ca some of your guys out there help me ? (i'm sure some of you can but are you willing, too ?)

best regards,
jan