Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: directory traversal

From: "Shane Miller" <SMiller () suntech com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 17:13:36 -0600

Simply put, Cmd.exe is different then Command.com. Notice the header on
your W2K machine when you start/run/cmd vs command.
Command.com is a 16-bit command interpreter program. Cmd.exe is a 32-bit
win32 application. Notice long file/directory name handling between the
two by experimenting with 'cd' command.

HTH
Shane