Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

combinations of 4

From: KF <dotslash () snosoft com>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 17:01:59 -0800

I am in the process of archiving power pc instructions that do not contain null... I have come to the decision that if I could generate a list of all possible unique 4 char combinations for a given list of alpha numeric chars then I could quickly sort the rest out in gdb...

My question is does anyone know how to programatically do this? Do i need to make use of bit shifting or something? I need only a program to print the list to the screen or something simple. Example output would be ...

AAAA
BBBBB
AAAB
AAAC