Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: hello

From: Felipe Franciosi <felipe () paradoxo org>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 14:39:33 -0300

Hi,I am engaged in the  vulnerability assessment. Now I am lack of the statistic results about the exploting
incidents of some vulnerabilities.How can I get some statistic data about the exploting incidents of some
vulnerabilities? Please provide me some reference. Thank you.

I am afraid I must agree with Valdis on  this.  There's no point in
gathering random data about hacking attempts, because they are very
much specific and change from network to network.

BUUUUT,  I remember a project I visited some time ago which I can't
remeber  the  URL  right now (but I'm sure someone will help us out
with this) that was called  The Honeypot Project (or something like
that).

They've put togheter a network with a set of different systems with
different OSs and several vulnerabilities online. They have not pu-
blished the network IP class,  just let it run with valid IP addre-
sses.

Then  they've gathered really good numbers about the hacking attem-
pts from hackers and from worms and things...

Maybe you should go after this.

Best regards and good luck,
Felipe

--
 Felipe Franciosi        paradoxo networking