Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Word 2000 DDE error on Win2K

From: The Attitude Adjuster <adjuster () bright net>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 21:41:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Oliver Reeves wrote:

I'm not sure if this is a known bug in Word 2000, and I can't find out right
now as I don't have web access from my PC at work.

Good afternoon,

You're not nuts. *grin* I reproduced your bug w/ WordPad (and Notepad, and
just copying from the Start/Run dialog) and Word 2000 under Windows 2000.

Windows 2000: 5.0.2195, SP-1
WinWord 9.0.3821 SR-1

Same versions as you-- a pity. I will try tomorrow under W2K, SP2.

Could not reproduce under Windows 98SE and Word 97-- but I really didn't
expect that it'd work anyway.

  __ __ __
  / /-//-/  The Attitude Adjuster    http://www.peeved.org
      ...so terribly unfashionable media productions...