Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Word 2000 DDE error on Win2K

From: John Schultz <jschultz () coin org>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 01:15:02 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Oliver Reeves wrote:
I can consistently crash Word 2000 using the following method:

1) Open up any text/document editor such as notepad or wordpad
2) type a single word (must be a known word, no punctuation).
3) highlight the whole word and CTRL+C
4) launch word 2000
5) CTRL+V
6) press HOME to take you to the start of the line
7) type I
8) hit the space bar

On Win98 SE with Word 9.0.4402 SR-1, I was not able to reproduce your
crash.  I've installed pretty much all of the Office security patches that
have been released by Microsoft, but I couldn't find more detailed
information on just what patches have been applied in Help | About.

John Schultz
jschultz () coin org