Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Modern hw-killing virus feasible

From: A T <terrible-list () runbox com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 23:00:00 -0500

A more direct actual effect of Hardware damage by software was the Takedown
preformed by Direct TV before the super bowl this year.  By making their
chips write once, they made it possible to disable the illegal smart cards.
The only fix is to physically change the configuration of the smart cards.

See..