Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: SV: Modern hw-killing virus feasible

From: Bruno Lustosa <bruno () LUSTOSA NET>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 13:59:35 -0300

Lynn Crumbling [lynn () X HJSOFT COM] wrote:
for times = 1 to 20
      $i = random number 0 to 15
      $j = random number 0 to 255
      ats[$i] = $j
next
write current config as default  [at&W1?]
atz [just for kicks]

....would wreak complete havok on the values...

Well, one could easily issue an "AT&F1" to restore factory defaults (for HW
flow control), and then an AT&W to save it.
I think AT&W saves the settings in a place that can be restored with ATZ, but
can't remember if it's possible to overwrite the place where the settings for
&F1 and &F2 are stored, though I could always be wrong.

--
Bruno Lustosa, aka Lofofora          | Email: bruno () lustosa net
Network Administrator/Web Programmer | ICQ UIN: 1406477