Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Crack Office XP

From: Veli-Pekka Kivimäki <veli-pekka.kivimaki () wicom com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:12:03 +0300

-----Original Message-----
From: Kayne Ian (Softlab) [mailto:Ian.Kayne () softlab co uk]

2. This article on GRC.COM seems to be making the rounds on most
newsgroups.
My personal opinion is that it's a load of crap. I've posted a longer
version on my thoughts elsewhere, but to summarise, Steve seems to blame
Microsoft for user-illiteracy of the operating system, and malicious 3rd
party code. Thats like blaming a car manufacturer when the driver of the
car
has an accident.

Well, it seems to depend on the tires. ;) Seriously, we wouldn't be able to
see the implications of this for at least another  year, because it will
take time even for home users to adopt new technology on a larger scale and
for the DDoS people to come up with solid exploitation tools. And a year in
this line of business seems to be a long time.

Regards,
V-P

Confidentiality Notice
Privileged and/or confidential information may be contained in this message.
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or authorized to
receive this message for the addressee), you must not use, disclose or
deliver this message to anyone. If you have received this message in error,
kindly notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Opinions,
conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the
official business of my company shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by it.